9 facts about Paco Rabanne who died at 88
by Jaano India
Paco Rabanne, the Spanish-born designer has died at the age of 88 in Portsall, Britanny.
9. He was born on February 18, 1934, in the Basque Country, Spain.
8. Rabanne studied architecture before entering the world of fashion.
7. He is known for his avant-garde designs and innovative use of materials, including metal, paper, and plastic.
6. Rabanne's first perfume, Calandre, was launched in 1969 and became a best-seller.
5. His fashion house, Paco Rabanne, was established in 1966 and has produced a number of iconic fashion collections.
4. In addition to fashion and fragrances, Rabanne has also worked in film, designing costumes for movies such as Barbarella (1968) and The Fifth Element (1997).
3. Rabanne has received several awards and honors for his contributions to the fashion industry, including the French Legion of Honor in 2007.
2. His designs continue to be highly sought after by fashion lovers and collectors, and are considered some of the most innovative and influential of the 20th century.
1. He was one of the first designers to embrace ready-to-wear fashion, and helped to change the perception of it as being less prestigious than haute couture.
Taylor Swift’s Cat Is 3rd Wealthiest Pet