National Banana Bread Day: 8 Unknown Facts
by Jaano India
8. National Banana Bread Day is celebrated on February 23 every year.
7. Banana bread became popular in the United States during the Great Depression.
6. Bananas were not widely available until the mid-20th century, which contributed to the popularity of banana bread.
5. The first banana bread recipe was published in a Pillsbury cookbook in 1933.
4. Banana bread is one of the most-searched-for recipes on Google.
3. There are many variations of banana bread, including gluten-free and vegan versions.
2. Some people add chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit to their banana bread for added flavor.
1. Overripe bananas are best for making banana bread, as they are sweeter and easier to mash.
Super Bowl Show: 8 facts you dont know!