8 Unknown Facts About US Spring Season!
by Jaano India
8. The first day of spring in the US is called the vernal equinox and marks the moment when the sun crosses the celestial equator.
7. Spring is the wettest season in some parts of the US, including the Pacific Northwest.
6. In some regions of the US, such as the Great Plains, spring is characterized by frequent and severe thunderstorms.
5. The famous cherry blossom trees in Washington D.C. were a gift from Japan in 1912 and bloom for only a few weeks each spring.
4. Spring is the mating season for many bird species in the US, including the American robin.
3. The US is home to several unique species of wildflowers that only bloom during the spring, such as the trillium and lady slipper orchid.
2. The spring migration of monarch butterflies from Mexico to the US can cover up to 3,000 miles.
1. Spring is the start of tornado season in many parts of the US, particularly in the Midwest and South.