7 Unknown Facts About St. Patrick's Day!
by Jaano India
7. St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland, was actually born in Britain and brought to Ireland as a slave.
6. The first St. Patrick's Day parade was not held in Ireland, but in the United States, in New York City, in 1762.
5. The original color associated with St. Patrick was blue, not green.
4. St. Patrick's Day was a dry holiday in Ireland until 1970, meaning that all pubs were closed on that day.
3. The world's shortest St. Patrick's Day parade is held in Dripsey, County Cork, Ireland, and is just 100 yards long.
2. Chicago has been dyeing its river green for St. Patrick's Day since 1962.
1. St. Patrick's Day is celebrated in more countries than any other national festival, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and Japan.
US Threatens TikTok Ban Again in 2023